It’s pretty great working at ELSY! Here are a few of the many benefits available to staff.
Aim Big. Go Bigger!
If you have more than 12 months experience in support work and want to join a caring, high quality and fun culture consider joining the Elsy Family!
We are a team of 50 support professionals providing Supported Independent Living, Community Support and a soon to launch day programme in Newcastle and Lake Macquarie.
We have 10 high quality SIL houses, a fast growing organisation, providing career growth and a commitment to improve the staff offer every year.
We invest in activities for our participants including a new hub to support goals and capacity building.
- fair interpretation of Schads award
- refer a friend programme
- casual moving to permanent part time after probation
- birthday and christmas gifts
- staff engagement survey and EAP
- staff discount scheme
A range of great benefits
ELSY is new and she is an NDIS disability service provider in Newcastle, New South Wales.
But she is so much more.
Elsy is the new name in Disability Services.
She is an Australian organisation with experience and expertise from around the world.
She is committed to providing the best care in disability accommodation, training, and support, with individualised and innovative services for adults and children with a disability.
Interested in joining our Elsy team? Well…get in touch!
We’re planning to be a great place to work, and our team are able to access a range of benefits.
Healthy work life balance
We offer flexible work arrangements for staff such as:
- Flexible hours
- Job share opportunities
- Part time work
- Wellness classes
Training and development
ELSY is always looking for ways to invest in our staff’s training and development. She even has her very own Registered Training Organisation, which provides staff the chance to do ongoing in-house training and professional development.
Her diverse organisation means there’s always opportunities for staff to both work with and progress into a wide variety of roles.
Her Traineeship program for Support Workers combines paid employment with accredited training. If you are successful in a traineeship role, you will gain valuable hands-on experience while working towards a nationally recognised qualification.
Employee assistance program
ELSY offer employees access to the Employee Assistance Program, a confidential and independent counselling and support service for employees and their immediate family members.
This service can be used to address any concerns affecting work or home life.
Supports you may provide
Joining the team at ELSY means you will be able to make a change in people’s lives by providing assistance for those with a disability at home and in the community, such as:
- Personal care
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Social and community access
How do I apply?
- Current resume
- CPR and first aid certificate (HLTAID003)
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination first or second dose
- National police check or NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’
- Infection Control Training – COVID 19 (only this 1 course is required, you will need to first register an account and select the correct course for completion)
- Statutory Declaration (for people who have been a citizen or permanent resident of another country)
- 100 points identification
- Visa or relevant documentation (if applicable)
- Certificate III / IV in Disability, Community Services or equivalent
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) or reference letter from current institution (if currently studying
- Current working with children check
- Car registration, comprehensive car insurance Apply today!
Infection control is mandatory please complete the following two courses:
Covid Safety at Work:
Infection Prevention & Control:
Feel ready to join ELSY? She can’t wait to see you.
50 Highly Trained Staff
- Adding 5 staff per month
- Psychology Grads
- Former Teachers
- Pharmacy Assistants
- Mental Health Nurse
- Assistants in Nursing
- Lived Experience
- Arts & Crafts Makers
- 9 languages
- Drivers licence, Workers Checks 30+ induction courses One Team. Elsy.
All Providing Disability Support
“We are here for the whole journey”
“We want you to have fun and feel safe”
“If I have made a real positive difference to my NDIS clients life – then that’s amazing”
“I enjoy the fact that every day is different at Elsy and there is a focus on learning new things and encouraging fun”
“We work hard for our NDIS clients but with a smile – they deserve nothing less”
“We are creating something new – and that means we don’t have fixed ideas – we want to hear from our NDIS clients, their families and their coordinators of supports around what could be ideal and Elsy has supported that”